OIL AND GAS
High quality, reliable observation and monitoring of remote and inhospitable environments via our ATEX and IECEx certified digital IP cameras.
Within the oil and gas industries there are many hazardous processes, often in very remote locations and inhospitable environments. This is where our explosion-proof ATEX and IECEx-certified cameras come into their own as they facilitate observation and monitoring, removing the need for personnel to be on-site.
Our ATEX and IECEx cameras are compliant with international standards, giving you the reassurance that the cameras are suitable for these types of sites. The fact that the cameras are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, day and night, make them perfect for operational, health and safety and security requirements.
Our hazardous area cameras are used on offshore drilling platforms for monitoring drill heads to make sure they are operational, for security and for health and safety reasons. Our cameras are also utilised at onshore oil wells to monitor the drill heads and to ensure health and safety protocols are adhered to.
Many gas power plants are located in inhospitable, remote locations which is why our explosion-proof ATEX and IECEx cameras are ideal for these sites. They enable time to be saved as personnel carrying out on-site checks will now complete these via camera footage, eliminating travel time. The cameras are also used for monitoring flare stacks to ensure that the residual gases are being burned off as and when they should be for safety reasons. The recording can be event-driven, so that if something happens, an alarm is triggered and images can be sent to alert users of the activity.
WHY USE OUR ATEX AND IECEx CAMERAS FOR THIS APPLICATION?
- High resolution (6 megapixel) colour camera providing crystal clear images
- Footage can be quickly and easily viewed via a standard web browser on your phone or tablet meaning there is no need for specialist equipment
- Attractive, compact design suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional day/night lens functionality
- Integral storage to record images for post processing or record keeping
- Recording can be event-driven and these events can be used to generate alarms, sending images to alert users of any activity
- Cameras are connected using PoE (Power over Ethernet), which is cost effective and the installation is reliable and safe involving just one cable
- No moving parts ensuring low power, low maintenance and a long-lasting camera system
- Optional LED lights can be fitted for low light areas; they can be switched on and off via the camera's web interface, and automatically switch off when they are no longer in use
Learn more about how our range of cameras can help you
If you'd like to learn more about our camera applications in your field, please get in touch.